Monday, October 26, 2015

Revivification Cordial

Piper's been gone a month....it's so surreal strange weird sad. I miss him a lot.

One day I received a letter from the vet, in a card of condolence. She wrote,

Wow, that was a tough one. 

But we have a saying, "Better a few weeks early than one minute too late", and I think that applies to your situation with Piper.

I'm grateful for her words -- not that I wasn't sure we were doing the right thing, but it was a relief to hear her say it.

And now, of course, I'm terribly sick and have been in bed for three days. The stress got to me.

I've been throwing back gallons of my magic potion and it's making me feel loads better. I've been knitting a lot, too, which is marvellously buoyant to the spirits.

Maybe I'll take some photos and put up a new post next week. Wonders, they never cease.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I go to check in with your blog while my ginger-lemon potion is brewing (I do it the same way you do, but no orange), and here I see you drinking yours. And well, you know. I love that. And you. Been having similar weird, disconnected pining for my recently departed feline. I think they were about the same age.