Saturday, March 30, 2013

Well, that was a bust.

Hi Susie!
The run, you ask? Going NOWHERE. My friend dropped out, then my daughter dropped out, and then I'm afraid my MOJO dropped out.

I'm going to carry on with the training, but due to all the waiting around for schedules to mesh, I am nowhere near ready to run 10K on pavement, and we're only four weeks from the race. I'll just have to give it my best shot and try again next year.

It's Easter Sunday tomorrow. My parents are coming over for dinner, so I have some cleaning to do. I hate cooking a big feasty meal in a messy house.

Last Wednesday my youngest daughter turned 9 years old. What?!?! Sigh. Tomorrow afternoon sometime I should be about eighty, and wondering what the heck happened.

Here's the cake I made her:





I've never worked with fondant before - it was surprisingly simple, and the finished product is disproportionately impressive. Win!


4 comments:

Susie Hewer said...

What a fab looking cake! If everyone else has dropped out then the pressure's off so you can try again when you find your mojo. Hope you had a lovely Easter xxx

Anonymous said...

9?! Yikes.
Gorgeous cake.

As to the run - good on you for even making the attempt!

Gwen said...

Wow, what an amazing cake! What fondant recipe did you use? I've never tried working with fondant, but I'd love to.

Shan said...

Susie, thanks! you wouldn't believe how anxious I've been about letting you down.

Gwen, I got smart and called a local bakery. They agreed to sell me a pound of their house-made wedding-cake fondant, ready to roll, for $10. Score!