Monday, April 04, 2011

Postscript

Aren't you all helpful! In the end it wasn't as bad as I had feared - after sprinkling baking soda, waiting until it dried, and vacuuming it up, there is no smell whatsoever. I did it twice though, just to make sure. The whole thing didn't even take a full 24 hours. All's well that ends well.

Vomit certainly strikes a chord with people, I'll say that...a surprising number of comments and emails came my way after the last post.

As to the children, they appear to be nearly fully recovered, and are dealing with the uncertainty of life after the stomach flu. My little daughter said yesterday, "Hm. These days I have to be careful with my burps."

Then her older sister added "Yeah, the toots too. Watch out for those."

And I - I can't wait for summer.

5 comments:

Dave Hingsburger said...

ah tis a foul wind that blows

Shan said...

...nobody good.

Belinda said...

Ha ha, this was a funny read, not having read anything that went before! I am reading backwards.

kate said...

Sounds like life with an 11-year-old boy. Only you don't need any illness to prompt such conversations, the boys seem to think we need to know this just 'cause.

Dave Hingsburger said...

you are the wind beneath my wings