Saturday, May 12, 2007

My theory is...

My mom and I took the kids to the park today, and I left them there for a few minutes while I ran over to the yarn store to grab some Sirdar Snuggly DK for my friend's newest baby. On my way back, I saw a shop I had been wanting to go into for a couple of weeks but hadn't made it there during opening hours - the name of the shop is "Lavish Vixen". Sounds great, huh?


I walked up to the door and, to my dismay, saw that the shop was empty and was being gutted. I asked the two guys working inside what had happened - they said "I dunno - the chick just walked away from it. There's a pizza place going in here now."


I was heading back to the car when the fellow called out, "Hey, d'you want to check if there's anything you'd like? We just chucked all the stuff she left behind into the next empty store."


Here's what I got today, for NOTHING.



A $45 zip-front hoodie with a cell-phone pocket, two ribbed cotton nightshirts, fifteen kids' t-shirts of various colours, 6 kids' black sweatshirts, and six large Ziploc bags crammed full of various stretchy cotton unmentionables.


I must have been awful good so far in my life, because I've had some seriously sweet karma this year.


Oh, and by the way - if you're the former owner of Lavish Vixen, you should be aware that the construction dudes are giving away all the stock you left in your place when you skedaddled. If you care.


And thanks for making sure I will never have to buy hot pants again for, like, ten years. Good luck in all your future endeavours!


PS: Yes, I checked whether they were sure she wasn't wanting this stuff. The guys assured me she was long gone, and the leftovers were headed to the dumpster. This stuff was all jumbled up with old phone books, busted picture frames, etc.

7 comments:

Ames said...

NO WAY!!

I hope you aren't expecting any more good luck this year. That may have used up your quota.

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that all I can think about is: "Wow, Shannon can wear hot pants."

Envy...

Anonymous said...

You are the ... woman! Unbelievable luck my friend!!

Gwen said...

Right. On. Do you realize that you are now the Lavish Vixen?

Ames said...

I've been thinking about this and here is my cunning plan: Go back to the site and get ALL the leftovers. Take it to your local consignment shop. Sell it and buy yarn with the money. (Is that illegal or unethical?)

Shan said...

Ames, neither immoral nor unethical - it would be smart. And don't think it didn't occur to me. But the guys at the store were getting a bit too familiar as it was, laughing and suggesting I try on the panties to make sure they fit, etc. I made some good-natured rejoinders and beat a hasty retreat. I don't much fancy going back there for a second round... 'though I will probably consign some of the black sweatshirts.

Lizbon, I can wear hot pants, just as long as I put some clothes over them. Remember those bleeding eyeballs we were talking about earlier?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, were I given to Netabbreviations, I'd just have to do one of the rolling-on-the-large-flat-surface laughing ones. Except that I am drunk at the moment, and I can't figure out what the letters for that abbreviation would be...