Friday, November 17, 2006

Suffering in (near) silence.

Just jotting a note to stall you - I have indeed finished the Lacy Scallops socks, and the pictures are taken. HOWEVER. My husband compelled me to get a flu shot a few days ago, despite my better judgment, and I am now suffering from the most incredible malaise as a result. I was languishing on the chesterfield when he got home from work (only a little bit exaggerated) and made him go get take-out as punishment for making me get the shot.

While he's gone, I thought I'd log on quick to let you know that I will post the FO as soon as I feel better, along with progress shots of St Brigid (5 inches, people!) and a couple of other things.

Mr HSBoots tells me that when the pandemic comes I'll be thankful. I figure the pandemic will only come because of all these idiots getting flu shots every year instead of letting their immune system handle it. How do you spell "Superbug"? O-V-E-R-I-N-N-O-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Shan, do tell us how you truly feel :) Hear, Hear, as I'm in total agreement. like the use of household disinfectant spray for everything. Ugh.
Looking forward to the pics, and hope the take-out was yummy!

Gwen said...

But I hate having nothing to say when someone says, "Oh, you were sick for three days? I get the flu shot and I haven't been sick for fifteen years." Grr.