Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lacy Scalloped.

Here's the promised FO - Sockbug's Lacy Scallops. I liked this pattern - it was really easy to follow, and the resulting sock is comfortable and universally admired. They look great in my Birkenstocks, which is most important.




I loved knitting with this yarn. I'm so glad I bought the pink striped colourway in Victoria, now that I know how it knits up. It's not as lofty as Koigu, and feels as though it'll wear a bit better. The colours are beautiful, and are truer in this picture:



The only problem I have is the amount of yarn I have left:


This would have been enough to add two more repeats, per sock, to the cuff. I like longer cuffs, so that would have been good. Since the socks are knit top-down, I can't rip out the cast off and just add another couple of repeats, so this substantial bit of yarn (my scale doesn't weigh this small of an amount, but I'm guessing it's about 20 or 25 g) will go back into the stash.


Pattern: Lacy Scallops, by Sockbug
Yarn: Fleece Artist Merino, unnamed colourway
Needles: Two 2.25mm Susan Bates circulars
Tension: 9 sts/inch
Cast On: October 22, 2006
Cast Off: November 15, 2006

No comments: