Thursday, November 09, 2006

Jiggety Jig

Well. I am back from Victoria, where I spent five days with my daughters. It was an exhausting trip, since my husband didn't come with us, so I was on deck 100% of the time with the kids. We didn't have a car, either, so it was public transit with two tired little muffins in the Utter Deluge. Yours truly slogged through the record rainfalls and the lashing wind, dragging several permutations of kindergartner, two-year-old, stroller, sling, knitting bag, backpack, raincoats.

I did have a purpose for this trip, which was largely a buying venture...Beehive Wool Shop, A&B Sound, Boutique de Laine, Stretch&Sew Fabrics, Munros Books, Murchie's Tea, Foxglove Toys. For the most part it was successful - despite being handicapped with all the baggage mentioned above, I managed to get around to most of the places I wanted to go, with minimal tears and tantrums.

Later today (hopefully), a (patchy) pictorial record of our trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one paragraph of place names is enough to make me just a little nostalgic...

Shan said...

I know - so evocative. I am more than a little nostalgic, myself. I said excitedly to the kids as we crossed Johnson Street Bridge "we're home, guys! .... I mean, we're there!"

Anonymous said...

You're making me cry. I'd infinitely rather be in Vic than Charlotte.

-moob